The Hospitality and Marketing Supervisor is responsible for hospitality and customer service for all tour and storefront operations. Performs and schedules standard tours, as well as private and specialty tours and experiences with support from the tour and tasting room staff. Oversees merchandise and performs inventory management as it relates to the retail store. Assists with planning and execution of local events and activations with direction from the Distillery Marketing and Sales Manager. Obligations may include off-site event participation and management as directed by the Marketing and Sales Manager.
Tour and Storefront Operations (70%):
- Planning and scheduling for all tour operations.
- Hands-on leadership in Tasting Room during all normal operating hours for both staff and guests.
- Hiring, training, coaching, scheduling and supervision of part-time tour guides and tasting room staff members.
- Continuous improvement to tour operations, monitoring tour programs for consistency of content and achieving goals for tour numbers.
- Planning, execution and promotion of the Visitor Center Marketing Plan including achieving key KPI goals.
- Performing routine tours and selling merchandise.
- Providing outstanding service while managing customer inquiries through general inquiry inboxes.
- Specialty and VIP tours for valued accounts, private groups and special guests.
- Store merchandising and inventory management.
- Daily store sales and tour number reporting.
- Effective management of Visitors’ Center including tracking and increasing sales through the analysis of merchandise costs, performance of items, as well as identification of and improvement upon efficiencies within the current system.
- Oversee the daily administration of the Visitor Center and mentor direct reports, including, but not limited to tour guides and tasting room staff.
- Assist in scheduling and oversight the execution of private events in the distillery event space.
- Support of the Marketing Manager through various roles of planning, execution, and promotion.