2 oz. Hangar 1 Straight Vodka 3/4 oz. strawberry simple syrup Mint, roughly 8-10 leaves per drink 2 strawberries, diced Prosecco or Sparkling winePREPARATION:
For the strawberry simple syrup:
1/2 lb. strawberries
1 cup of baking sugar
~1 1/4 cups of water
1. Trim the ends from the strawberries, and wash clean.2. Cut into quarters, then chop.3. On the stovetop in a medium saucepan, add chopped strawberries to 1 1/4 cups of water (or enough to cover - strawberries vary in size), and bring to a boil. 4. Once at a boil, reduce to medium-low heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.5. Remove any foam that may collect on the surface of the mixture.6. Using a fine-meshed colander or sieve placed over a bowl, strain strawberries to collect the juice, which should be roughly 1 cup total. Discard spent berries.7. Return the juice to the saucepan on the stove, and add 1 cup of sugar.
8. Bring to a boil, and stir to dissolve. Once the sugar is dissolved, remove pan from heat and allow to cool before use.Strawberry simple syrup will keep, refrigerated, for 3-4 days.
For assembling the cocktail:
1. In an empty shaker, gently muddle mint to release its flavorful essential oils, then add chopped strawberries.2. Add ice to shaker, then add vodka, and strawberry syrup.
2. Shake to combine.
3. Pour contents of shaker into a Collins glass or a mason jar, leaving room for a float of Prosecco (~about 1-2ounces).
4. Garnish with a strawberry wedge, a sprig of mint, and an eco-friendly straw.